You found your car is having a problem, maybe it’s a flat tire or a battery died. If you are on the road, you have to find a way to get help. It is dangerous to solve your situation on your own. If you have a tow service plan, call them immediately. A tow truck is a safe help than solving the problem with yourself or asking some people.
Dos of waiting for the tow truck
- Do pull over out from the road as much as possible. If you can still drive safely your car, make sure you take it to the side of the road. This is to prevent causing a traffic jam. If the engine is not staring, then push the vehicle to the side. Even though the emergency light is on, some drivers are not paying attention to the road, especially those who are driving fast.So,for everybody’s safety, get to the side of the road where it is safer.
- Do put a signal indicating that you are not moving. You should turn on your hazard lights even if its daytime. This will signal the other drivers that your vehicle is not working. It also helps that other drivers can see you on the road at night. Hazzard lights are usually located near the steering wheel of your car. Usually, it’s the red triangular icon.
- Do stay put where you are safe. If your engine died on a busy road where you can’t get out, it is safe to stay inside your car. Just stay put and fasten your seatbelt. Wait for the tow truck to arrive. If you manage to get out at the center of the road, you can exit using the passenger’s door. Make sure you look from left to right before getting out. Do not forget to always be careful even if you are not technically on the road.
Don’ts of waiting for the tow truck
- Don’t accept free rides from people you don’t know. You should be careful on every motorist who will approach you and offer a ride. As much as possible avoid talking. Even though their intentions are good, but not everyone is true. They may find this an opportunity to do a crime. The best thing to do is get help from yourtow service.
- Don’t leave personal things unattended. If you are not going to stay inside your vehicle, make sure you gathered your personal things like purse, cell phones, laptop and other important documents. This is to prevent your things from getting lost, damaged or even stolen. If you are still in the car, get your personal things ready so when the tow service arrives you did not leave any things in your car.
- Don’t get out of the car when you are around a traffic road. Do not think of exiting your vehicle until the flow of traffic is lessen. Do not ever think of checking the damage. Even opening your car dooris already dangerous.